FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY
(Advancing Transparency. Promoting Accountability.)
1st Quarter (2015)
2nd Quarter (2015)
3rd Quarter (2015)
- TRUST FUND UTILIZATION
- UNLIQUIDATED CASH ADVANCES
- SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT PLAN
- REPORT OF SPECIAL EDUCATION FUND UTILIZATION
- QUARTERLY STATEMENT OF CASH FLOW
- MANPOWER COMPLEMENT
- LOCAL DISASTER RISK REDUCTION AND MANAGEMENT FUND UTILIZATION (LDRRMF)
- BID RESULTS ON CIVIL WORKS, GOODS AND SERVICES, AND CONSULTING SERVICES
- 20 PERCENT COMPONENT OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE ALLOTMENT UTILIZATION
4th Quarter (2015)
Political and Historical Background
Parang is one of the original municipalities of the undivided Cotabato Province, the largest province of the Philippines in the early 1920s whose land area was 94,740 hectares during that time.
To transient, Parang’s name connotes little significance. Originally, the natives call it “PADANG-PADANG”, to mean rugged ridges. But the Maguindanaons and Christians simply call the place PARANG, which remains to this day. In 1960s, the Municipality of Parang was a vast area, which included the former municipal districts of Bugasan, Buldon, Barira, and Bongo Island.
Dating back to the 15th century, Shariff Mohammad Kabungsuan, an Arab-Malay missionary first set foot in this place, brought with him seal and ardor of his Islamic Faith to the natives who later embraced Islam, as their religion.
In 1854, the first Spanish Conquistadors implanted the Castilian flag at Parang. Their moldy Forts at the entrance of Parang’s wharf and the scratches on their walls made by crude weapons of war have given traces of their resistance by the natives. They established their naval base at Polloc Point, converting this peaceful place to a zone of war.
The actual occupation of Parang, however, took place in 1896. A Spanish Colonel by the name of Zoro led a regiment of soldiers to take over the local government. The garita (jail bastion) was constructed at the entrance of Parang’s wharf, and also the Alfonso XIII waterworks.
In 1900s, the first batch of American soldiers landed under the command of Lt. R.G. Mygot, who immediately formed a semblance of a local government with himself as mayor, AsiscloGimenez as vice-mayor and Claro dela Cruz, Aurelio Acosta, Eugenio Gepte, and Domingo Duruin as councilors. Also this time, the first public school was opened with Mr. Yadao and Mr. Pepe Torres as teachers.
In 1909, the same lineup of officials ran the affairs of the government with the exception of Pedro Jimenez who became vice-mayor. Beginning in 1910, Justice of Peace had been appointed. Three (3) Filipinos who occupied the positions are still remembered – Eugenio Gepte, Domingo Duruin and AnatolioManalas. Changes were made again in 1914 when Cipriano Alanis became municipal Mayor and Luis Francisco as his vice-mayor. The Council was composed of Jose Nunez, Claro dela Cruz and Domingo Duruin. Antonio Colonel was Chief of Police and after him came Fidel Liberar. Constantino Ibanez was the new justice of peace.
Of the many Spaniards and Americans who landed in Parang, only a few had stayed to see better times. Among them were the Roaleses who prospected at Bongo Island, the Geminezes who acquired the Bacolod Plantation, the Manions and Merritts who developed Sagasab Plantation.
The Islamic population continued to be ruled by their original datus. Among the few datus who ruled their people were DatuDimarao of Parang, DatuCamdanAndas of Poblacion, DatuPandapatan of Buldon, and Datu Anton Capitan of Simuay, DatuBalabagan of Balut, DatuAlimpang of Buldon, and DatuMamarancas of Parang. From these lineages, are descended DatuBiruar,Mamarinta, Malambot, Ragondo, Macabangen, Macaraub, Kasabangan, Ayunan, Mamalacat, Bura, Tamarumpong and the present sons of these datus.
The greater portion of the land overlooking the Parang harbor was as military reservation, first named after General Pershing who once established his base here in the early days of the American occupation. A few years before World War II, Col. Fidel Segundo led the first Brigade of the Filipino Scouts with station of Parang. The training camp was renamed Camp General Antonio Luna which served as training ground for trainees in Mindanao who saw action during the war.
In 1945 the 10th Corps U.S Army Liberation Force used Parang as an anchorage for its drive against the enemy towards Davao. But since then, the camp had been abandoned for active military purposes and a portion of it was turned to civil government as a town site for Parang by the virtue of Proclamation No. 132.
Christian settlers have tried their hands in the remote places only to be driven by lawless elements. Among these settlements was barrio of Langcong, near Lanao boundary, which was already thriving settlement before World War II. The early settlers were Ilonggos from Antique led by Mr. Belandres, an enterprising pioneer. The Bugasan Plantation, which was started in the early 1920’s, encouraged the natives to live in-groups either as workers of the plantation of DatuLidasan of Bugasan. The Roaleses started and developed the Bongo coconut Hacienda and Cattle Ranch. Natives began to settle in the place and grouped themselves under DatuBiruar and Litayen.
In Orandang, the dela Rosas and Evangelistas started the Orandang Ranch and Plantation. The natives likewise settled nearby and profited from employment in the plantations. Later, some industrious farmers began to cultivate their own farms. In Cuba and Sagasab, the Manions and Molinas planted coconut. Here too, the native settled nearby and got the best experience out of living in groups. The Venturas Gentles and Montezons settled at Dagarungan and Amadeo. So did the Albores at Simuay and Dagarungan. The natives of Bugasan, Buldon, and Barira are Iranons while the Maguindanaons live in the barrio of Parang district.
Parang’s land area drastically reduced when its former districts of Buldon, Matanog and Barira were created into separate municipalities in the 1970’s